Residence Life Area Offices
What is an area office?
An area office is a place where students can take advantage of a wide range of services. There is an area office serving each residence hall. To find your area office, consult the lists below or the staff and services section located on your residence hall webpage.
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Key loans for lost keys and room changes
- Critical incident response
- Roommate conflict mediation and resolutions
- Housing services requests (including extermination requests)
- Work orders (for broken and damaged furnishings or facilities within your room or hall). You can also submit a work order online.
- Group space reservations
- Room changes (requests and approvals)
- Funding approvals and processing for R.A. and Hall Council programming
- Hall Supervisor and R.A. supervision
- Mailboxes for most area residents are located in close proximity to area offices. Exceptions include: Brodie, Rasche, Monteith, Thomas, Main Campbell, Hillcrest, Graduate Life Center, and Oak Lane residence halls. These halls have individual mailrooms in the building. Packages for all residents are available for pick-up in 23 Owens Hall. To find your mail pickup location, consult the Staff & Services listing located on your residence hall webpage.
- The area office does not provide mail services or change for vending and other purposes
- General campus and area information
- Campus event information
- Residence Life Staff, Residence Hall Federation (RHF), Hall Council and university program information
- Clarification of questions about university policy and procedures
- Information for persons with short-term and/or long-term disabilities
- Information about the conduct system and the Student Conduct office
- Information about Housing and Residence Life and Virginia Tech employment opportunities, including student jobs in residence halls.
Peddrew-Yates Area Office
First floor of Peddrew-Yates, in the lobby - Entrance near New Residence Hall East
- East Campbell: 113 East Campbell 540- 231-3622
- Main Campbell: 106 Main Campbell 540- 231-3628
- Main Eggleston: 134 Main Eggleston 540- 231-3631
- West Eggleston: 112 West Eggleston 540- 231-4068
- New Residence Hall East: 190B New Res East 540- 231-9813
- Payne: 117 Payne 540- 231-3742
- Peddrew-Yates: 190B Peddrew-Yates 540- 231-9813
- Pritchard: 1073 Pritchard 540- 231-2282
- Slusher Tower: 100 Slusher Tower 540- 231-2743
Newman Area Office
End of basement hall near O'Shaughnessy
- Barringer: 142 Barringer 540- 231-2670
- Donaldson-Brown: First floor Donaldson Brown 540- 231-5691
- Johnson: 123 Johnson 540- 231-3624
- Miles: 102 Miles 540- 231-3632
- Newman: 111 Newman 540- 231-3721
- O'Shaughnessy: 127 O'Shaughnessy 540- 231-3739
- Lee: East basement lobby of Lee 540- 231-3626
- Vawter: 137 Vawter 540- 231-4028
Ambler Johnston Area Office
First floor lobby across from the stairs.
- Cochrane: C16 Hillcrest 540-231-5108
- East Ambler Johnston: 1318 East Ambler Johnston 540- 231-8664
- Harper: 1015 Harper 540- 231-7548
- Hillcrest: C16 Hillcrest (540) 231-5108
- Oak Lane Community: Fraternity & Sorority Life Office
- New Hall West: 1015 Harper 540-231-7548
- West Ambler Johnston: under renovation
Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets
Brodie Hall 540- 231-6413
- 1st Battalion, 335 Brodie 540- 231-3602
- 2nd Battalion, 329 Rasche 540- 231-3517
- 3rd Battalion, 117 Monteith 540- 231-3637
- Thomas: 125 Thomas 540- 231-3989