Become a Summer Academy Peer Mentor
Help freshmen transition to life at Virginia Tech. Become a Summer Academy Peer Mentor.
Summer Academy is a program open to all entering first year or transfer students who were offered admission in the fall. Mentors assist students with academic support (student success strategies, study skills, writing center and library workshops) and student life experience (academy centered recreation activities and mentor led experiences). To gain an understanding of the role, visit Virginia Tech Summer Academy.
- Peer Mentors are given a $1200 Stipend
- Living accommodations are provided for the summer
- Exclusive opportunity to show new Hokies what Virginia Tech is all about!
Must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5. Applicants who do not meet this requirement will be placed on immediate postition suspension.
- Participate in all training programs.
- Participate in in-service training programs and other educational opportunities as designed by the supervisor(s).
- Attend Spring Leadership Conference and Paperwork signing day on April 1, 2017.
- Agreement to fulfill all responsiblities and expectations of job performance as specified in the Student Staff contract, position description, and Residence Hall Staff Manual.
- Development and maintenance of a learning environment in the residence hall as well as the enforcement of University Policies for Student Life and other policies and regulations documented in the Hokie Handbook.
- Participation in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of curriculuar strategies and activities as required by the supervisor(s).
Standards of Conduct
- Agreement to be a proper role model for resident students and agreement to be accountable to a higher standard of conduct than other students.
- Recognition as a student with no active conduct or honor sanctions.